On January 22, 2012, the USPS increased prices for most postal service mailing services. A summary of the postage changes are listed below:
FIRST CLASS MAIL:
- Letters (1 oz.) – 1 cent increase to 45 cents
- Single-Piece letters additional ounce rate –unchanged at 20 cents
- Postcards – 3 cent increase to 32 cents
- Letters to Canada or Mexico (1 oz) – 5 cent increase to 85 cents
- Letters to other international destinations – 7 cent increase to $1.05
In addition to increasing postage costs, the USPS recently announced its business plan to reduce the total amount of mail processing locations from 400 to less than 200. With this change, USPS delivery times are expected to greatly increase.
Offering E-Statements and E-Payments will reduce your costs incurred from the USPS postage increase. While E-Statements will directly cut down postage and print production costs, E-Payments will generously expedite your payments received! If you currently do not have an online statement or payment tool, contact APEX to learn more about our award winning mySecureBill® technology!